Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Plum Cake

Sunday, August 8, 2010

Last week my friends Kairee and Sheryl gave me some plums from a tree in their yard.  Dave ate about 6 of them and then lost interest.  I'm not really a fan of eatting stone fruit in its natural form, but I'm great at using it in something else. [Last weekend it was homemade peach ice cream.]

This weekend I decided we needed a treat so I made a quick plum cake. 



Here is how I did it -

  1. First I washed and sliced the plums very thin. (I wasn't sure I was going to have enough.)
  2. Gotta love Jiffy Cake Mixes!
  3. Then I put 3 T. of butter in a 9-inch cake pan and let it melt as the oven preheated.
  4. I prepared a Jiffy yellow cake mix according to the instructions on the box.
  5. After taking the pan out of the oven, I mixed in about 1/2 C. of brown sugar and carefully laid out the plum slices.
  6. Finally, I poured the cake mix on top and baked it about 25 minutes. 
Unfortunately, I didn't wait long enough to let the cake cool, before I flipped it out. My top got a little messed up, but it still tasted good.

2 comments:

  1. Excellent design and posting, love the photos and hope all is well with you. Let's plan a lunch for September.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your cake looks delicious and A+ on presentation! Ah, I miss the glory days when our household ate cake. Cook on, Alicia.

    ReplyDelete