Sunday, August 22, 2010

Mexican Food & Ohio Weather

Saturday, August 21, 2010

This weekend I was prepared to cook - I planned my meals, shopped accordingly and felt inspired to create some healthy meals.  

Inspired by recipes at Goop  (http://www.goop.com/newsletter/86/en/), Gwyneth Paltrow's fabulous blog (thanks Patricia for hooking me up!), I thought Baja Shrimp Tacos would be a refreshing and light summer meal.  Then Ohio weather set in.....


As I began making the fresh pico de gallo, the sky got darker.  Then as my shrimp were marinating in the lime juice, it began to sprinkle.  Of course, the minute I was ready to grill the shrimp, it began to pour. Not to be deterred, I proceeded with my plan and made the tacos anyway.

Despite grilling in a thundershower, my shrimp tacos with homemade, fresh pico do gallo tasted great.  They just would have tasted better on a hot, sunny day.

(Note: I wasn't pleased with the blue corn tortilla's - that's the last time I take some advice from a stranger in Whole Foods.)





No comments:

Post a Comment