Friday, July 27, 2012

Red, White & Blue Decorations

Since the "Derecho of 2012" caused me much drama during the week of the 4th of July, I never got this blog entry posted.  My Independence Day decorating efforts were curtailed as we lost power here at the lake for over 7 days. 


But I wanted to share with you what I did accomplish.But I wanted to share with you the wreaths I made for the 4th of July and put up for all of 1 hour before they had to come back in due to the storms.


This is my front door wreath:
I made this simple wreath by wrapping a straw wreath base (found at Goodwill for $1) with red ribbon (also a post Christmas deal).  Then I covered it with Memorial Day/4th of July holiday garland from a dollar store, added a large bow and two small flags.  I made the bow using a Bowdabra. (This is the only way I can make these great bows.)  Note the wreath hanger - I spray painted a cheap brass door wreath hanger red to match the wreath.


Here is my backdoor wreath - it's basically the same idea and construction:
I also threw this cute little decoration together. I put in on the table outside.
I also have to share my neighbor Rox's creation - her 4th of July tree:
I was with her when we bought this small blue tree at the annual Harbor Hills neighborhood garage sale. She paid $5 for the tree and even got the red and white decorations at another house. 


I kick myself for not buying the tree myself, but it would have been just one more thing to store. Perhaps next year....



No comments:

Post a Comment