Saturday, August 6, 2011

Yard Decorations & Fake Plants

Saturday, August 6, 2011

Last year I was really into gardening. I always did pots of flowers in front of the house:

This year I am not. (I really hate to worry about having to water these things.)  So this year I had a different idea.

First, I wanted to paint the pots green so they stand out and compliment the green shutters.  This literally took about half the summer to complete.

Every year at the Backwoods Fest, I buy Dave a metal fish sculpture that goes into the garden. I had a vision to have the sculpture in a pot with grass so it would look like this:


Instead of spending $7.99 per pot for landscape grass, I bought 5 spiky accent plants for about $1.39.  Great idea I thought -- until it started growing an ear of corn.  Can you see it?

So for the second sculpture, I went to Plan B.  Can you figure it out?

It's filled with 3 fake (read: PLASTIC) fern plants purchased at Michael's for half price.


I'm kind of embarrassed to use fake plants, but it turned out cute and I don't have to worry about watering them.  Sorry, Martha - until I have your staff, it's fake plants for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment